WHAT IS DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE THERAPY?
Deep tissue massage focuses on stimulating connective tissues. This is beneficial to those with a high level of discomfort and stress, as this type of massage applies a deep pressure that targets muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia. If you suffer from chronic aches, lower back pain, stiff neck and shoulders, or soreness of the legs, deep tissue massage may be the answer for you.
Slower, more powerful strokes reach layers that other massage techniques don’t access. You can experience several health and wellness benefits from deep tissue massage:
- Improved blood pressure. Massages are inherently relaxing, but the heightened stimulation of a deep tissue massage kneads deep into the muscles and smooths away tension. This interaction can help reduce systolic and diastolic numbers.
- Better circulation. Relaxing your muscles helps increase blood flow and reduce pressure.
- Diminished scar tissue. As circulation is enhanced throughout the muscles, it’s also increased in the skin. The improved blood flow allows for better healing of scar tissue as lymphatic circulation and drainage are boosted and the skin is softened.
- Chronic pain relief. The higher levels of blood flow diminish inflammation and irritation, cutting back on a variety of discomforts and pain.
Let us help you improve your body and mind with a session from one of our trained specialists.
For cash clients (non-insurance clients) the price for a massage is:
- Full 60 Minute Massage: $80
- Full 90 Minute Massage: $110
*Insurance clients pay according to their individual benefit plan. Please contact your insurance provider for further information.